Edith Saxton Fund for Steuben County Youth Services
Grants from The Edith Saxton Fund for Steuben County Youth Services Fund support not-for-profit projects, programs, and organizations working to improve the quality of life of Steuben County youth. Preference will be given to grants focusing on youth in the Bath Area.
When should I apply?
The Foundation accepts applications to the Edith Saxton Youth Services Fund once per year. All applicants must submit a letter explaining the program to be funded and the amount requested – a letter of intent – two weeks before the application deadline. The letter of intent is found within our online grant application system.
Deadline and Decision Schedule
Letter of Intent Deadline Application Deadline Notification
September 1 September 15 Early December
Who may apply?
Applicants must be non-profit organizations serving the youth and:
- located in and providing services in Bath, NY, located in Steuben County
- classified as nonprofit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or publicly supported organizations such as school districts and municipalities
How should i apply?
The Community Foundation accepts grant applications to its Edith Saxton Fund for Steuben County Youth Services through an online application system, Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager.
Click here to begin your online letter of intent and application.
The first step will be to create a new account. You only need to do this once.
- If you've applied for other grants managed by the Community Foundation using the online system, please log on using your email and password.
- All applications must include a completed project budget and expense form. This form is an Excel file.
- In addition, the online application will ask you to upload your organizations operating budget for the current year among a few other organizational documents including board of directors, mission statement and policy on nondiscrimination, quotes (if applicable), etc.
Instructions for use of the online application system:
Project Budget & Expense Form (Excel File)
Download and save this form to your desktop, complete it in full, save (as a PDF if you can), and upload into your application.
PRIVATE SCHOOLS AND/OR TUITION BASED PROJECTS must also complete and upload the operating budget and school demographics form. Operating Budget & School Demographics (fill able PDF)
What Activities are NOT eligible for funding?
Organizations may not submit more than one application for funding at a time. The Elmo M. Royce Fund generally does not make grants for the following:
- Religious purposes
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
Questions? Contact the Director, Grants & Communications at (607) 739-3900, or by e-mail.