Event ProposalTemplate (pdf)
Fund For Women
The Fund for Women channels the power of women's philanthropy to support programs focusing on the unique social, economic, and cultural needs of women and girls. It was established in 2009 as a field of interest fund at the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc.
Women and men are encouraged to become members by donating to the fund.
About the Fund for Women
The Fund for Women was established in 2009 as a field of interest fund at the Community Foundation of Elmira – Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc. The fund has created the first dedicated funding stream to help improve the lives of girls and women in our community. Learn More
Women and Poverty
- Two-thirds of American adults who live below the poverty line in the US are women
- A girl without a high school diploma has a 90% chance of being poor and raising children who will also live in poverty
- More than one-third of all women-headed households in the US fall below the poverty line
Our community is no different
- Southern Tier cities are among the poorest in New York, approaching 25% of residents living below the poverty line
- Half of children living in Steuben County are eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- Half of the families living in poverty in Steuben County are headed by a single mother with children under five.
Contact the Fund for Women for questions or more information at
If you are a member or employee of an organization that would like to have a Fund for Women representative speak at an event, meeting, or workshop, please email the fund at .